What is phototherapy?
Phototherapy or light therapy is non-invasive and offers the benefits of sunlight without the damaging effects of UV rays. When this light is applied directly to the skin it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, temporarily increase blood circulation, and treat mild to moderate acne. Studies have shown that light therapy:
- Helps stimulate cell and tissue regeneration
- Increases blood circulation and oxygenation
- Reduces inflammation & redness
- Accelerates healing
- Helps reduce wrinkles and creates tighter, smoother skin
- Improves skin texture, elasticity and thickness
- Works synergistically with other treatments and ingredients for better results
Light therapy also really complements our in-clinic advanced skincare treatments.
What is Dermalux?
Dermalux uses LED (light-emitting diode) technology, at a variety of different wavelengths. The effects are clinically proven to treat a range of skin concerns, including reducing the signs of ageing, tackling uneven or excessive pigmentation, and helping to correct environmental damage. It also helps treat inflammatory conditions such as rosacea and acne, and psoriaris and dermatitis.
What is LightStim?
LightStim is a portable LED light therapy treatment device from Aesthetics Source. It can be used at home and is available to buy from The Clinic by Dr Mayoni.